Sunday 5 July 2009

Corsagery

It's been a while since I posted, so I thought I should pop in and show what I've been up to over the last few weeks...

Today it is all about the corsages. Yes, more of them! It seems I am addicted to knitted flowers (I like 'em in my hair... on my hats... on bags... and frankly anywhere else they can feasibly go).
Another motivating factor for the flowers is that I have finally pulled my finger out and created an Etsy shop (http://www.susief.com/).
Don't ask me why I am now on Etsy... I keep asking msyelf the same question and really have no idea. I guess it's just because it is there... like mount Everest. Anyway I've decided to start small by just listing flowers and stitch markers, especially during the summer months when knitted items are not exactly in heavy demand. (Will post later about the stitch markers...)

Most of the corsages below are for sale in the shop and are made from either Rowan Kidsilk Haze or heavy mohair, with vintage beads and butttons in the centre. All of them are attached to a brooch pin.






2 comments:

  1. wow! These are so pretty! Where do you find little bits of yarn to do these with?? :) Just odd stash type stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again! :-) Thank you for the comment. A lot of these flowers were made from leftoevr kidsilk haze that I had from other projects, but I also had a batch of thicker yarn remnants - mainly mohair - that I found on ebay (it's a good place to go surfing for 'job lots' of yarn leftovers!)

    ReplyDelete